Skip to main content

Using the Qmote

After spending a couple minutes going through the documentation and setting up the app, I managed to get the Qmote up and running (set up was a breeze, it probably took more time to download the app Smile with tongue out).

Screenshot_2016-02-15-19-21-28

Basically, you can assign functions to specific button presses on the Qmote. Some of the options include:

Screenshot_2016-02-15-19-21-35Screenshot_2016-02-15-19-21-39

So what am I using the Qmote for? Well I have it setup to do the following so far:

  1. Set my phone to silent mode;
  2. Set my phone to ringer mode;
  3. Snooze on my alarm;
  4. Ring my phone so that I can find it; and
  5. Controlling the camera shutter

As time goes by, I will probably find more uses for it.

Is the Qmote essential? Not really, but it does open up so many new ways to interact with your phone. I suspect that it will probably be hard for me to stop using it after a couple weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final configuration

After a few tweaks to the RAM and SSD, this should be the final configuration for a while. Link to this tweet.

It’s finally here!

After reading this a couple days ago, I’ve been waiting for the update to come in and it’s here!